- We Partnered with Jeff Thomas, Head of Ayer Parks and Recreation to develop and implement a 6-week after-school STEM program for 4th and 5th grade girls. The program is named Tech Kids, A STEM program for girls and they meet once a week after school. We have members from our team volunteer their time at this program.
- Displayed and demoed our robot at the annual run for education in our town.
- Displayed and demoed our robot at the Shirley Hoe Down in Shirley, MA.
- Participated and had a booth at the first annual Robotica conference in Devons, MA. Met with Dean Kamen and a ton of other famous robotics companies from around Massachusetts.
- Displayed and demoed our robot at our towns annual fourth of July celebration down at the park and drove it in the parade.
- Invited 8 FLL teams, 2 Girl Scout troops and 3 Boy Scout troops to the Boston FRC Championship. 20+ guests are paired with Andromeda One buddies to learn the game, tour the pits, trade buttons and see how awesome FRC is.
- We created a Robotics Merit Badge and are also working with the girl scout troops to earn this badge. Below you can see the girl scouts working on a lego mindstorm robot to help them earn the merit badge they named there robot Shelly and they successfully programmed it.
- Had a tent setup to display our robot at our towns annual run for education. We sold FIRST light bulbs as a team fundraiser and setup a marshmallow craft for kids.
- Demoed our robot for kids at the Shirley Hoe Down in Shirley, MA.
- We marched in our towns 4th of July parade to display our robot to the community and had a tent down at the park!
- Hosted a lego building night in October to support the FLL teams by helping them build game pieces for their game FLL World Class Learning Unleashed.
- Volunteered at an FLL tournament in November hosted for the teams locally.